Summer is coming and everyone is cutting their carbs and eating healthier to trim down for that beach bod weather. Here is an easy delicious low carb meal to enjoy with the whole family.
Low Carb Chicken Parmigiana
A low carb meal the whole family will enjoy
4 pieces of Chicken breast
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Garlic fresh or powder
1 cup Almond flour
Pizza seasoning or Italian
Start by cleaning your chicken breast and grabbing two bowls. One bowl is to make your egg wash, you can add some fresh garlic for a little extra taste. The other bowl is to make your crust by mixing one cup of almond flour, one cup of parmesan cheese, and few good shakes of pizza or Italian seasoning.
- Start by egg washing your skinless chicken breast.
- Dip your chicken next into your cheese and almond flour mix.
- Boil some olive oil in a pan and cook your chicken for a few minutes on each side. About 4 minutes give or take depending on the sizes of your chicken. Optional– To add some vegetables and make it a full meal we also fried some zucchini.
- In a pot boil your marinara sauce from jar or can make your own.
- Turn your oven to broil and grab a baking pan.
- Places your vegetable- zucchini in the bottom, add a little mozzarella in between to keep it all together, and add your chicken to the top.
- Pour some marinara sauce over each chicken and then add more mozzarella to the top.
- Broil for about 3-5 mins, until cheese starts to brown.