I know we have all been longing for our normal life back. From the small things that you didn’t even realize meant so much, to the large changing things that don’t feel normal to be without. EVERYONE has been affected and lives everywhere have been changed. I would say most, if not all of us, have had an emotional and mental longing for a normal day.
I am not sure what will be the very first real thing I get the opportunity to do. I guess it will depend on the day of the week, the hour, and/or my family’s position. But what I do know is that it will be one the following 10 things:
1. Church! Being in the church, hearing the worship and singing loudly with all of the congregation. There is just something different about being in the Lord’s house and uniting. I can not wait for the first day back that I get to walk into church.
2. Vacation! Well obviously I just want to get away and escape from home. The place we have all felt imprisoned to the last few months. So if we can get away, I will be booking a vacation out of here, ASAP.
3. A whole mommy makeover! I am talking the works, a salon visit for my hair, nails, eyebrows, a massage, a facial, etc. Just a day or two to rejuvenate and bring myself back to life. I don’t know about you but I feel all the mom’s out there need a nice weekend away from the kids and just get themselves pampered.
4. Normal outings! If it’s a week day I can see us running to the park playground around the corner, the beach, or an amusement park. All the fun family entertainments that help us loosen up and reconnect with our loved ones. Yes, we have had a lot of time with them at home but I am yearning for that outside entertainment that breaks up the everyday at home responsibilities. My poor child has been running circles around us at home.
5. Dinning out! From date nights to girls nights out. I love my husband’s cooking, and yes we can order some stuff in, but again there is something different about being out. A nice night off from cooking, cleaning, and dishes after dinner.
6. School, sports, and extracurricular activities for our kids! My son misses his school actvities and friends so much. I know all the mommy teachers are missing that break that allows them to accomplish so much on their own. From the working mom’s, the stay at home mom’s, and the homeschool parent, I know those extracurricular activities help give you some peace of mind and alone time.
8. Socializing with our family and friends! I swear I want throw a great big party to celebrate all the time lost with our loved ones. From the birthdays, Mother’s day, looking like Father’s Day, I even want St. Pattys and Cinco De Mayo events missed with my friends. A crazy themed party to include all the event’s and time lost.
9. Shopping! From the normal grocery store experience to the retail therapy. I cannot wait to walk around with out a mask suffocating me. I want to try on and buy clothes. Yes, I KNOW it has been a thing for awhile to shop online and I am also one who does utilize it. But more now than ever I have wanted to walk into a department store and just try on clothes.
10. Work! I know so many have had work interrupted or many have been laid off. This has brought on such a huge change in so many peoples lives financially.
It has been a crazy past few months and as of right now we do not know when this will all end. I know I am not the only one craving for normalcy. What have you missed the most? What are the things you are looking forward to doing once this is all over? You are not alone in this. Share in the comments below.